miércoles, 14 de enero de 2009

What I learned in English 3?

At first I thought I was going to waste my time by taking an English course, and I was pretty much cursing (no pun intended) that since I'm absentminded I missed the date of the sufficiency test.
But once again I conclude that "waste of time" is an overrated phrase, apparently there is no such thing.

I discovered that there is a new technological and efficient way of teaching and learning, and it is called distance education, and it is basically how teachers take advantage of the potential of computers and internet for academic purposes.

What I liked the most was writing an essay about Guy Ritchie's prime opera "Lock, Stock, and Two Smocking Barrels": a heist film that tells the story of different groups of people involved in illegal activities that intertwine in what may seem as an extraordinary coincidence or ordinary luck.

I also learned about the origin of Halloween, cognates and false cognates, about topic sentences and paragraph structures, and about conjugations and verb tenses and the different types of writing techniques. My time was well invested.

No hay comentarios: